Friday, April 15, 2005

Idle Hands...

...are completely foreign to me.

Yeah, yeah, I know I've been slacking. But that's cuz I've been NOT slacking on other stuff. Like:

1) Beating stupid (if by stupid I mean awesome) X-Men: Legends FINALLY, since that's like the longest game in video game history. And I can't figure out how to "use" whatever I unlocked after beating stupid (if by stupid I mean STUPID) General Kincaid and his army of human-robot hybrids.

2) Finally getting on with writing my screenplay, which so far I'm enjoying much more than I had anticipated. One thing I've found interesting is the level of freedom I feel like I have- for instance, I haven't allowed any language in the William Steel series. And I'm not bound to length. The requirement is 30 pages, but I'll be WAY past that when I'm done. So far I think it reads pretty smoothly. Gotta research some stuff for realism sake though.

3) Trying to get this Coffee and Paint script of Mieke's shot. The stupid (if by stupid I mean impossible to deal with) woman at the coffee shop said she'd call me about Sunday. That was a week ago. I'm going to have to call them in the morning. The deal is, we pay someone to stay while we shoot during closed hours. Mieke and I always cross our fingers when we talk about filming.

4) Figuring out my future. Granted, this is a constant deal, but there have been a few plan changes recently. I'm going to stop making plans. They never finish.

5) Editing William Steel 3: Redemption. It's coming along swimmingly (for those of you who are British I guess?), and I often play the first scene and just watch it. I've played a bit with music, but haven't thought seriously about that yet. That's like the last thing to get in. The official release date has been bumped up from end of August to early-ish August. Puts a little more pressure on for me, but filming should start up again by the end of May...gee it's hard to type with your fingers crossed. Expect a trailer out sometime in June. ON DVD!

6) Yeah that reminds me, I finally got my DVD burner to work. The software Kevin gave me only burns +R, but I didn't know that when I tried it on my -R disks. Spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out some crazy error message, then realized +R might work. After that, I burned a good copy of Jen's DVD teaser and music video, finished a project another student requested, and threw together (if by threw together I mean worked tirelessly on) a "Kutschera Happenings" DVD, composed of footage I took of family events during the year. It's funny, they complain about the camera, THEN they appreciate the final product. Good times I guess.

Enough. Oh man, I've been dreaming like crazy lately. Normally I like dreaming, but this is starting to get on my nerves. I should sleep less tonight, not give myself a chance to get any in. Keep it, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home