Saturday, March 26, 2005

One Fine Day...

...things could get better.

So let's recap...the first thing that went wrong happened before we ever got Cortana up and running: the case was dented and one of the USB ports didn't work. So we send it back, and two weeks later get a good one. Okay. She gets all put together and everything is fine for a while, even though the front speaker port doesn't work. One day, we go to school. The monitor does not turn on. Ask the Help Desk, ask the Geek Squad, ask Kyle. Problem solved. But guess what? The sound card doesn't work. Six weeks into school, and finally everything is working properly again. After spring break, we go back to school, only to find that I left the power cord at Kyle's. I buy a new one. Five days later, the power supply dies. Cortana reboots at first all on her own, then a few minutes later shuts down all together. Another $60, and now she's up once more...for now.

GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Oh well. Like I said, no matter how bad things might seem...you'd better get used to it, Nancy.

I looked into the PSP a bit; just to see if it was going to be any good, that is, not like to buy it. I was astounded to find out that it's $250, not even including a game or anything. I don't know all the perks it has, but they'd better be darn happy ones. Not to mention, the games that launched with it aren't very exciting. Most of them are just console games with a subtitle- THUG2: Remix, Midnight Club 3: DUB, Need for Speed Underground: Rivals, NFL Street 2: Unleashed, just to name a few. I would like to try Luminous and Wipeout Pure if I get the chance. And props on the movie playing ability- they also launched Spider-Man 2, Hellboy, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, XXX, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico with it, which is a first for handheld systems...I wonder why they didn't get, like, Pretty Woman too.

Cancelled my Gamertag again...I have one more 2-month pass that I'll set up in a few days. Until then...Keep it, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home