Monday, February 28, 2005

Be Cool...

...or go home.

Thank you for the names. A certain sister of mine doesn't think ghosts in movies have "normal" names. So, just to set the record straight...1) Gothika: Rachel Parsons. 2) Ghost: Sam Wheat. 3) Ghost Ship: Katie Hargrove. There, normal enough? Oh, right...the ghost thing...okay now that I'm pretty much definitely gonna use this story, I suppose I can tell you all what it's about- this guy and girl are all in love and crap, and she dies. He spends a lot of time and energy keeping her in his life even though she's gone, and in a high emotional point he ends up at her grave and she kinda comes to him in a vision, or as a ghost, or however you want to interpret it. Music swells, camera pulls back, cut to resolution.

Some of the suggested names are names I've used for characters in other works I've done, such as China Attacks or the William Steel series, and I don't think I want to repeat names yet. But thanks for the ideas, they really helped me get thinking; I'm gonna start out with Joseph Leroy Calvin and Maria Sadie Lawrence. Joe and Maria. They're really very meaningful, if only to me. It's like my adopted Grandfather used to say...Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Enough.

I accomplished something this past February that I haven't done in quite some time. I averaged one movie a day! Horray! I slipped in Chariots of Fire today, along with The Lady Eve for my American Film class. My professor is taking us to a local theatre for a tour and a movie, Be Cool, so I have to watch Get Shorty again this week before Friday. I expect that on the tour we'll learn all about how a projector works...oh joy. Maybe I should lead it. Well, time to go work on my character backstories. Keep it, yo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this like, the Joe and Maria in our family that had a child nearly out of wedlock?

March 1, 2005 at 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps yeah those are normal names, but those movies are no where near as cool as the ones I listed, are they? ARE THEY!?

March 1, 2005 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Brent Jensen said...

I think they should be named William Steel and Bandit. William of course is the girl. What's that? You already used those? Who cares, they're good names!

March 3, 2005 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home