Friday, February 18, 2005

As Good as it Gets...

...it could always be better.

I really don't have much to say today, I'm just trying to keep connected with all y'all. So the M3 guy and his gf watched WS 1 and 2 with me tonight...they seemed substantially impressed, mostly I think with the amount of work that went into it vs. its quality. I'm kinda glad I haven't seen them for a while, it kinda makes for a sense of "newness" when I watch them after a long time. Anywho...

Airband is tomorrow night, so I'll be running cords and running errands and running whatever else. That should be fun, at least I get a T-shirt and free admission out of it.

So we watched a 1929 German film in World Cinema the other day. I was kind of surprised, I think it was made with the same kind of sincerity as films nowadays. I guess I just expected worse. I don't think it made much of a statement, so much as told a sad story, but alas.

I have one more movie to watch before the Oscars, so I'm in good shape for that- granted Blockbuster hurries the crap up and gets some copies of Ray in (they only have like 42 copies...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I bet Hollywood guaranteed it.

Ellynne says they show all the Oscar-nominated shorts and documentaries out there in NY. I'm so frickin' jealous. I'd be all up ons if I were out there.

Oh yeah, I was gonna post my first big paper. We had to review a 2004 mainstream film for my American Film class, and I was impressed with how much more I got out of it after researching a bit and really picking it apart. I don't feel like going back to my room to get my disk, so I'll try to post that eventually. Just so all y'all can see what I'm up to out here.

Well, I've gotta finish some crap. Keep it, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home