Friday, February 04, 2005

Cold Mountain...

...no really, I'm running out of title ideas.

Greetings from Grandrapidsville. Quick note- notice my address change in case you wrote it down from the last post. In addition, I'll be moving to a brand-spankin-new apartment (I hope it doesn't include spankings...or brandings) a week from Saturday. I think my address will change again to Epsilon 24...I'll keep you posted.

I got in touch with the guy who runs this little production company around here- M3 Productions (tentative name). They're currently working on training videos for a little cash so they can make some short films to send to filmfests. I'm gonna go to a meeting of thiers on Sunday. He said their ultimate goal is something like providing Christian-based films for little or no cost to the consumer. He also said that with the way God has been blessing their journey, he knows M3 will be big. Props.

I had hoped to be getting a little editing done on WS3, but my comp's still out of order. I'm gonna take it to Best Buy on Friday. Although by the time this semester is over, I wonder if I'm even gonna want to finish it- everything I learn makes me shake my head at what I've done. I knew this was going to happen.

My movie watching is going well, though. We're even watching Casablanca in Screenwriting. I've seen Central Station, House of Flying Daggers, A Very Long Engagement, Million Dollar Baby, and half of a French documentary about garbagepicking. That last one wasn't so great. There was a highschool kid at Celebration Cinemas tonight who had rented out a theatre to show a movie he made. I watched the first minute or so before my movie started. "Kill Bill and Ted." (The second film by Jared[?] something something). Started with opening credits to a Kill Bill song and let into a black kid and a white kid driving down the street...that should sound familiar. I wanted to stick around and meet him/encourage him, but to no avail.

So that's that for now. Oh, and I need an idea for my screenplay. Give me ideas. And nothing about catching frogs against conscience.

Keep it, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home