Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Best Friend's Wedding...

...get it!?

Best. Weekend. Ever.

I truly felt like a member of the elite over the four days I spent in Madison surrounding Matters' wedding. And I tried thinking of a situation in which someone could have more fun than I had over that all-too-short period of time, but I can't think of one. It started when I went out a day early so I could just spend some time with him before he leaves forever. We chilled, watched Bionicle 2, went out to dinner (paid for by Erin's father), watched the Family Guy movie with Erin's brother, and put together the greenscreen'd shot of Hudy falling into a rocky river. Then we went to bed (separately). On day two, we got our tuxedos, then did a bunch of stuff I don't remember, then had the wedding rehearsal where I saw Chris Conrad and we learned what to do for the wedding. Then came the super tasty rehearsal dinner at a fancy Chinese restaurant (paid for by Matt), and the wedding party guys got these super-awesome pocketwatches that had their names engraved on the fronts. We all wore them for the wedding of course; thus was born, "Chain-shmain! These are watches, baby!" Wait, I'm getting off track. After the dinner, we went to the Holiday Inn and went swimming/hot tubbing, which was awesome 'cuz I don't think I've swam since WS2, and that didn't really count, 'cuz all I did was fall backwards into a lake. But it was good times. Matt and I showered (separately) and went to bed, but neither of us could sleep for the first hour or so. For different reasons, I suspect. Morning came with some room service ($25.00 for pancakes and eggs!?!?) and a quick trip to the mall for some make-up. Then came the ceremony (it was so beautiful!), and lots and lots of pictures. It was very hot in the tuxs. A limo brought us to the capital for some more pictures, where I played King Kong and climbed up a story or so. I also got to pop the cork off a champaigne bottle for us all to share. Meanwhile, our hot photographer Abby took pictures of it all. She did not dance with me at the reception. Speaking of the reception- toward the begninning of it, I got increasingly nervous about my speech. I didn't really expect to be, but I just wanted it to be right and tell Matters all the things that guys don't normally say to each other. But it was well-recieved, and apparently I brought tears to Matt's stepmother's eyes. Shana (sp?) and Nick each gave a short speech as well, which were both lovely and true. I hope Matt and Erin were touched by our words. After I ate dinner and my cake got stolen, I danced for approximately six hours. I got a bunch of video too, which was cool. I did not get the garter. I should have. After the last song and everyone was on their way out, I licked the ice sculpture and went to the "after party," which wasn't much of a party, but I did pretend to play a drinking game. Some guy passed out and I forgot my shoes. Then I went to bed with Kara (together) and slept for not long enough. The next morning brought the gift opening, which made me want to get married really bad, and then came check-out and we went back to Matt and Erin Heiniger's apartment. A bunch of us went to lunch at Olive Garden (paid for by Erin's father), then Dave, Mandy, Erin, Matters, and I went to see Fantastic 4. I almost fell asleep. I helped the newlyweds pack and move some stuff, then we all went to sleep. It was much-needed. On Monday morning I hung out with them for one last hour or so, until they had to go run errands. We said our bittersweet goodbyes, and I drove away. You will be missed.

Keep it, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home