Saturday, July 31, 2004

Dark City...

...but it could be worse.

Finished writing scene 24 today. Two left. Or, perhaps three, I'm considering adding a hot tub scene with William and Alexis. You know, for um...character building purposes...yeah.

Saw my cousin and his wife today. That was nice. They live on 55th street, which at first I was okay with because there's a darn nice neighborhood around 60th and Oklahoma, but when I realized that 55th street ended where their house should have been, I was slightly disappoined. Turns out it's on the North side, and I felt like I had to check on my car every 5 minutes. The thing that was even more disappointing, however, was the fact that my cousin doesn't even have a DVD player. They said they'd watch WS2 on his computer. Fair enough.

So Zach Braff has a link to his blog on the Garden State website...I read some of it, it's pretty interesting. He did commentary for the DVD a few days ago. I wonder if Natalie did it too. And it turns out it's going to "select cities" Aug. 6. It better come here.

I also saw The Village today. I'd definitely suggest seeing it, but don't think while you're watching it...I made that mistake and kinda figured out what was going on. Made it a little less surprising to see when it happened. But Bryce Dallas Howard was awesome in it. Good stuff.

Movie of the Day: The Negotiator
Why it rocks: Spacey. And it's just cool to watch.
Re-watch value: Moderate
Is it really that good?: Yup. It's kinda John Q.-ish, only in self defense. Perhaps not as good a message, but still good.

Keep it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just don't fell like becoming a memeber yet, maybe its cause i have no time but anyway... Whats up Maxx i haven't talked to you in a long time, i would sugest to call my cell phone but i never paid my bill (i know i know bad me slap my hand) anyway its Raina if you haven't figured that out. some nice stuff i envy you cause you saw the Village. tonight i'm going to see i Robot. it was either that or the Village i really wanted to see this one so ya... see if i can contact you later... luvs!

August 3, 2004 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home