Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Minor Details...

...can be the most important.

That last Jelly Belly tasted like lilac.

Okay here's the deal with the storywriting (is that one word?). I have this thing where when I create, I make it all the way or not at all. I'd be surprised if you needed an example. If I wrote something, I wouldn't want to just throw it out there and that's that. I'd want it developed, in depth, worth my time. Anyone can make up a guy doing some stuff. But I stand back and look at the universes created by some people, and it's the history and detail that they make that make the stories artistic. Read that last sentence a second time. I had to.

I know you're all tired of me talking about Halo, but let me use it once more as an example. Many people play the games because it's fun to run around and kill stuff. On the surface, that's what it is: an fps. Look at it from a step back, and this is what you get:
-an ancient alien race creates giant installations to control a virus.
-a separate group of alien races sees the installations as religious symbols. they attempt to use them to attain salvation.
-the human race does everything they can to stop this group, thus saving humanity.
-there is civil war among the races.
-the virus continues to threaten all involved.
And I could name at least 20 characters who are important to the whole deal.

This is the kind of depth I want out of my stories. Not that I'm quite to that level yet, but comparitively, that's what I want to do.

I did not film on Sunday as planned.

Blockbuster is nixing late fees as of January 1st. Someone try it out and let me know how it goes. Oh, the catch? You have to buy it if you're 7 days late. If you refuse, all you get is store credit. Minus yet another fee for "re-stocking." Don't forget your movies if you go on vacation. Blockbuster is the antichrist of video stores. Interesting that they're also the most well-known.

Don't hurt people's feelings.

The Golden Globe noms are out. Props to Natalie for pulling in a nod for supporting actress for the worst movie ever.

Keep it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home