Monday, December 13, 2004

Closer...

...to being farther away.

Nobody see Closer. It's one of the worst movies ever.

So I'm a level 9 on Xbox Live. It's amazing the number of games I've beaten and the progress I've made specifically on Halo/Halo 2, without ever even owning a system. I do have a Game Boy lying around somewhere, and I briefly owned a Dreamcast, but I returned it when they said they were going to stop making games for it. At least I got through most of Crazy Taxi with it.

Didn't film this weekend; supposed to do a buncha stuff next weekend instead, provided it doesn't snow. Jen and I went through some of my stuff, and some of what she wants to film for her senior project music DVD. I think I'll be able to finish most of what I want to finish before I have to go to school.

Hollywood Video's 2-Year-Anniversary/Christmas party is tomorrow night- we have Secret Santa exchanges at these things...I spent $20 on mine. I better get something better than, like, a box of Space Flakes. Of course, Nick did get Jake's Flakes last year (the pre-Broncos Jake, that is).

So college is coming. Again. This'll be my third university, and I'm not even a Junior yet. Rather sad. But I'll actually be in classes I'm interested in, so that's good. I think I might miss people this time around. Which kinda sucks, since it's easier to be away from people when you don't care as much. But...I don't know. We'll see. I guess it has to come eventually- Matt may be heading off to some coast this Summer, so that's sad, and a year from now I'll be heading out to L.A. (presumably), and after that getting a job out there, which is away from everything once again. So perhaps it's good that these little separations happen first.

So I've decided to go a little further into a comment I made a few posts ago. I mentioned that if any video game girls were to come to life, Rayne would be near the top of the list. Let me unpack that a bit: For starters, if I could choose any character, it would be the Master Chief. Not that there are any aliens to fight or ringworlds to discover, but I'd just like to meet him. He has been a bit "brainwashed," as one might argue, but if not just for me, then for America. Or the world. As far as supersoldiers go, he's a pretty good one. But I did say girls, so here's my top few choices:
1) Cortana. The A.I. created to accompany a Spartan, who chose John (the Master Chief). She's pretty realistic for an artificial intelligence, and her cynicism always gets me. Plus she could travel with me and tell me when enemies are approaching.
2) Rayne. The half-human, half-vampire, Nazi-fighting Playboy model (again, I didn't agree with that). Also cynical, she's probably a bit less "girly" than Cortana, which is attractive in its own way. It probably helps that her and I share favorite colors; shown by the black-and-red-leather outfits she wears (how does she jump around like that in those things?).
3) Peach. I know, I know. A bit cartoony, but I have a soft spot for the retro-princesses. Not that there are many to choose from. She's basically just this high on the list because of the lack of good choices.
4) Chase. Little-known driving master from an Xbox game (Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver). Basically, she can drive like crazy. It might be the fact that she drives for movies that gets me, but she does look good standing next to a sports car.
5) Zelda. I just want to know what it is about this girl that makes Link fight so hard. She'd better be darn good in the Kitchen.

So there's that. I'm taking requests on stuff to write in detail about, so if anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, etc., do let me know. But for now: keep it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles W. said...

I guess I actually have a few questions. What do you enjoy most about making movies? What do you enjoy the least? Of the following, which ONE job would you prefer to have, director, producer, cinematographer, actor, writer, or other? What software do you use to edit?

I enjoy writing the most, but editing comes in a close second. I hate set up and tear down. If I had to choose just one, I would write. I’ve edited on Premier, *edit, Speed Razor and others, but I prefer Premier.

December 13, 2004 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home