Wednesday, November 03, 2004

For Love of the Game...

...and the characters within.

Well, here I am, in the office chair at the Budge, reclaiming my duties in the working world, succeeding my dearly needed vacation. I continue tomorrow morning at Hollywood. Why....why?

"Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it for freedom, or truth, perhaps peace- could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify a existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself! Although, only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson, you must know it by now- you can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?"

There's a little Matrix dialogue to keep you thinking. Here's an interesting tidbit of info. from the latest GI: Bloodrayne and Luba Licious (from Leisure Suit Larry) have posed nude for the October issue of Playboy. I'm not too keen on that, as I think it's far from Rayne's "personality" to pose nude. Or, topless, at least. I'm not sure, I don't read Playboy. Don't get me wrong; if I had to choose a gameworld girl to come to life, Rayne would be near the top of the list. But play the game, or even see the movie (due out in 2005, starring Kristanna Loken and Ben Kingsley), and I think you'll agree- she's not that way. A bit cynical, perhaps, but never slutty. I'm rather disappointed in her(?) for agreeing to that. Even the DOA creator wouldn't let his girls do that.

Enough on games. I don't think I have many readers who know what I'm talking about. Most Maxxketeers aren't gamers...enough.

Movie of the Day: Fight Club
Why it rocks: Messes with your head just the right amount.
Re-watch value: High the first time, lower after a few viewings.
Is it really that good?: Name one Brad Pitt movie that isn't. Or Norton movie for that matter.

Keep it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey tim you are probably busy on Sat the 20th this Sat but I have a concert at THE STEAMING CUP 378 W Main St at about 8 oclock and this is person invitation

November 17, 2004 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home